Every small business should have a website as the hub of their marketing wheel. But should you have a site designed with HTML or a content managed site like WordPress? In my opinion WordPress can work better for small business owners. Here are five reasons why.
- You can do it yourself – An HTML designed site will require coding skills such as HTML, CSS, scripting to name a few. This is outside the scope of most small business owners if they are not in the web design business. WordPress is more user-friendly for the small business owners who often have to do many things themselves. Even they decide to hire a web designer for the initial set up of their WordPress website, the regular updates on the site can be DIY.
- WordPress has a number of plug-ins for necessary functions – Some of the functions that can be handled by WordPress plug-ins are site back-up, comment spam control, search engine optimization, Google Analytics for tracking site visitors, checking for broken links on blog posts, and adding social share buttons to blog posts to name a few.
- WordPress makes it easy to keep your website updated – Keeping your website up to date is essential for driving traffic to your site. Blogs continue to add new content to your site that helps with SEO.
- WordPress includes a blog that provides an opportunity for interaction – An ongoing challenge to marketing is to understand the needs of potential clients. Responses to your blog post can give you insight into what your target market wants and needs.
- A wide variety of themes are available – WordPress is an open-source software which means it is a collaborative effort of many web developers. With so much input from so many people there are multiple themes or layouts from which to choose. Small business owners can find the layout that works best for their business.
I hope these reasons are convincing enough to consider using WordPress for your small business website. Owning and operating a small business is a hard job. At least using WordPress can make your website a little bit easier. If building your website is a project you would rather not tackle, contact The Graphics House and let us help.
- Posted by sjwills
- On March 20, 2018
- 0 Comments